Friday, June 15, 2007

Pics

Recently, I spent an afternoon and dinner at the Menikoff's while Dustin was at work and basketball/Bible study. Deana is a good friend of mine here that I meet with often. She and Aaron have 3 fun kiddos - Rachel, Jonah and hilarious "Nat, Nat" (Natalie). It was hard to get active Natalie to sit still, but the other kids were hardly camera shy! Check it out here.

Also... I STONGLY DISLIKE the word custard, but after dinner at BoomBozz, we decided to give Starlight Custard a try despite my disgust. Both were excellent! (More pics here)


















Today's been "knick knack/picture day" around here. We're trying to make our home a little more home-y without spending much. We're finally getting pics of family and friends up, which makes me smile.

We look forward to another visitor this upcoming week, Jeremy Haywood. Jeremy is a good friend of Dustin's and attends seminary here. He's home for the summer but sneaking in for a week to do a J-term. We're really excited about his visit. And I hear that one of my college professors is coming through the Ville soon, so it will be fun to meet up with her!

I don't have anything profound, significant, or even remotely close at this time, so I'll sign off now.

OH... I take that back. Nurse Laura passed the NCLEX! YIPPEE! And... Baby Jake is growing up fast. Check him out!

2 comments:

sarahdodson said...

Sweet pic! Do you seriously NOT like the word custard??? I can't imagine not liking a word that much! How funny. Glad you're getting some pictures up in your home. fun!

Jamie Butts said...

Sarah,
It's really that I don't like the word curdled. Custard has some of the same letters, I guess. Sigh. Ask Travis Dawson about it one day. It was yummy though. So, I'm making your Strawberry Bread recipe from my Coleman shower. It's baking right now. Smells yummy. Thanks again!