Tuesday, May 30, 2006

God-ordained...

So... I promised you "the story"

1. I had heard of "D. Butts" through my sweet friend, Laura. He's like a brother to her, and she spoke VERY highly of him. I met him BRIEFLY at a conference, but wouldn't have been able to pick him out in a crowd.

2. Officially met Dustin on New Year's Eve at Camp Buckner Reunion. We enjoyed a 2 hour conversation in the Faith Hall kitchen. Encouraging, fun, drank lots of DP, talked with Joey, etc. I learned that he was headed out to Southern in a few days. We had a long conversation about teaching, the IMB, doctrine, and we laughed and talked and laughed and talked. I admired him, respected him, but didn't think much of it, because he was going to Southern and I was still pretty guarded and a little overwhelmed at the time because I was about to start a new job. For all I knew, I would never see this super guy again.

3. So, time tick-tocked by and I got settled into my very sanctifying new job as a 5th grade teacher. It was hard. My friend Laura encouraged me by sending me to our friend Eron's website where he discussed why Christians should not hate their jobs. I printed it and referred to it OFTEN. One day, I was looking at this much-needed post... again and I looked at his links. Saw my pal Blake had a blog and checked it out. Looked at his links. One caught my eye. The Once Dead Poet? What? Interesting... so I hit the link and found Dustin's (I don't call him D. Butts) website. I decided to shoot him an e-mail (but I did not initiate, for the record) to see if he ever ran into my friend Kevin and see how he was doing at Big Al's school.

4. So, on February 11, Dustin awakes to find a "random" e-mail in his inbox.

to be continued...



14 comments:

Erin said...

Keep it comin' sister. I know the story...but want to hear it ALL again!! How fun!

Rebekah said...

Ok, that leaving us hanging is not so funny!!! :P
Can't wait to hear the rest!

Anonymous said...

Is this like Paul Harvey's "The Rest of the Story"?

Surely it can't be that good of a story, unless of course it involves Hot Tamales, Lemonheads, and some Chuck Taylor's. Then you got yourself a story. ;-)

Jamie Butts said...

Hehe. I will write soon, Rebekah. Slade, you guys both did terrific. It is hard to top Chuck Taylor's, so I hear, but he did great! We're excited for ya'll! Gerlthouse, yea for a big "checkmark" day! Your dress is on the way.

Mrs. Nichole J. said...

I SO agree with becca! Waiting......

Eron said...

James,
It's nice to see the providence of the Lord...I actually have a place in the Jamie/D.Butts story...

Peace

sarahdodson said...

Great beginning, Jamie. Surely the rest of the story is coming soon? Don't keep us waiting too long, ok? :) So happy for you!

Jamie Butts said...

Sorry, Blog World. I will finish "the rest of the story." However, this week has been hitting it hard - counseling, guest list, phone calls, and registering, oh my. Actually, it's all coming together well. I'll fill in the details soon and get some pictures up. Thanks for all of your sweet words and PRAYERS! Until you hear the middle part, know the end is.. I said yes. Hehe.

Anonymous said...

Jamie- waiting patiently for the story is good...it builds excitement and suspense. I'm sure you are busy! It will all get done, and it CAN get done in 2 months. I did it in 3 1/2 with time to spare :) Can't wait to see you in Abilene on Saturday!

Kevin and Becky said...

Oh the cliff hanger! Why do you do that to me? We're doing our best to get one of us (let's be honest...it'll be Kevin, not me) down there for the big day. I hope that planning is going well--sanctifying & joyful.

Phillip M. Way said...

HAHA

I am laughing to think that some people think the story is going TOO SLOWLY!!

hehehehehe

Seriously - just remember - God's timing is perfect. He is never early or late, rushed or detained.

Phillip

Jamie Butts said...

KARI - I know, I know. I owe you a few posts and e-mails. Girl, I'm THRILLED you will be in KY too! What similar seasons of life the Lord is bringing us through.. I think we got you $25 at Bed, Bath, and Beyond tonight. I said you I heard of it from you, because Mindy and I had a fantastic time browsing the place when we got your gift last December. I hope you got your stipend. Enjoy. =) See you this weekend!!!!!!!! Back to addresses. The story has to be on pause. I'll work on it.

Michael said...

Hello? Are you still there?

Sobel said...

well, seems like a lot has been going on back in the good old US. sorry we have not update our site in a while. honestly it is laziness, but thanks for the comments! We will put something up soon!