Wednesday, May 17, 2006

"The First Year Of Marriage"

I was out with pink eye today (new teachers' bodies have to adjust to so many germs) so I went to the doctor, tried to get some stuff done.. and took a nap, and then another one later. Good going, Jamie. Now, I can't sleep. :P

Reminds me of my time to Spain. When my family lived in Spain, I had a hard time adjusting to the major time change and my family slept about twice as much as college Jamie did, so I would read. Sermons, articles, books, whatnot. Usually, I learned a lot and the reading would eventually make me tired.

Tonight, I stumbled across a good post on marriage. Since I have friends who are newlyweds, friends returning from honeymoons, friends engaged, friends in courtships, single friends who desire to grow in their understanding of marriage, and happily-married-for-years friends, I think this may encourage many people. Sometimes, the really doctrinally-rich stuff hits us and sometimes, it's these personal testimonies of REAL people.

Enjoy. Thoughts?

The First Year Of Marriage

4 comments:

Adam Cates said...

Jamie, thanks for the article, it was great! (not that you wrote it, but thanks for referring it to your faithful blog readers)

Anonymous said...

Hey! you dont know me, but I am one of Jenn Dower's roommates. I have heard a lot about you! Anyways, I just wanted to tell you that this was really encouraging...thanks for sharing it! Have a wonderful day!

-Danielle

Unknown said...

Jamie, thanks for the link. Good stuff. Most of the books I am overly-emphasize how hard it is. I am looking forward to being sanctified but I know it is gonna be tough, especially at first.

Rebekah said...

Hey you! Good article. Glad you shared it with us. I miss your blogs! Hope you get some time soon to grace us with your presence! :) Love you!