Monday, February 11, 2008

Encouraging Your Husband

I know, I know... Valentine's Day is way commericialized, overdone, cheesy, etc.

As a 5th grade teacher, however, you can't escape the holiday. You still even get to decorate a box and get lots of candy and little cards that say things like, "You're tops, Teacher". (The downside is having to break up the flirting, shoogie-doogie, as we called it at camp...)

I've been scheming up ways to surprise and encourage my husband, like planning a special meal, for example.

One thing that I found seemed especially share-worthy this. I haven't read all of it yet, just skimmed, but I trust the author. If you don't use each day, you can at least glean some ideas.

There are also ideas here at GirlTalk.

Speaking of, I have something I want to share in praise of my sweet husband. He often volunteers to help me with school tasks, spending random "date nights" up here on Fridays (about once a month) until about 7 before we head to dinner. This is a tremendous help, because together we get so many things done. He sacrificially does this so I can enjoy the weekend, get things done at home and come up for air if I feel like I'm drowning in paperwork! I can't thank him enough. He's a huge part of the reason that my job is going so smoothly these days. He even brings Dr. Pepper and chocolate!! Terrific, huh?

So this past Friday, I was especially behind with being sick. Super Dustin came to save the day, DP and chocolate in hand, and completely finished my Valentine's Bulletin Board while I graded, and it turned out great! I snapped a picture to share.

No comments: