Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Prayer Request

Quick request for any of my Christian readers.

I am leading the elementary teacher devotion in the morning. It is somewhat intimidating to talk to these co-workers, although I'm thankful for the opportunity. Since the subject material has really been on my mind and heart lately, I am going to do a quick talk about humility, of course using the wonderful resource that is Mahaney's little book.

I made a quick hand-out to give as a little bookmark. Hope C.J. doesn't mind; I gave him credit, but after all, it's a book about humility. :) Seriously though, please pray that it would encourage the weary teachers to look humbly to Christ as the source of their strength and attribute glory daily unto Him alone. And pray this for me. How often I rob God of the glory due Him! I will be discussing several verses tomorrow and quickly walking through these points. Ask that the Lord would be glorified. Thank you so much.


If you're interested and since I mentioned it, here's the bookmark info:

Practical Ways to Weaken Pride and Cultivate Humility As Each Day Begins and Ends

(from Humility, by C.J. Mahaney)

BEGIN your day by…

· acknowledging your dependence upon God and your need for God
· expressing gratefulness to God
· practicing spiritual disciplines (prayer, study of God’s Word, worship)
· seizing your commute time to memorize and meditate on Scripture
· casting your cares upon Him

END your day by…

· reviewing your day and carefully assigning all glory to God for the grace you’ve experienced
· receiving the gift of sleep from God and acknowledging His purpose for sleep

In regards to yesterday's post and this one as well, I will probably mention the following as far as us women and our planning/organizing/steps for success type thinking.

Warning: Be dependent!
(From Carolyn Mahaney on Girl Talk)

We can fill our shelves with every time management and organizational book available today. And we can devote all our energies to applying their tips and following their suggestions. Yet, we are utterly incapable of managing our time or organizing our life in a way that brings glory to God without God’s help! Jesus put it quite bluntly when He said, “Without me, you can do nothing.”

2 comments:

sarahdodson said...

I will be praying for you, sweet friend. Sounds like those bookmarks are a good idea. They have something to take with them for a reminder of what you will have just covered. Hope and pray it goes well:)

Holly said...

Thanks for posting the quote about "being dependent" - I can so see myself getting trapped; thanks so much for the reminder!