Tuesday, January 02, 2007

We're back.

Well, we had a lovely Christmas break. It was so nice to have 2 weeks off of school and I actually started to miss my kids after awhile, so I guess I can't complain about my job! I am at work right now, just had a minute during my conference period, so I wanted to check in. My blog's been DEAD lately, but we're alive and well.

I want to post new pictures soon. We enjoyed a Christmas breakfast here in Louisville and a few days together and then headed to TX for about 9 days, with visits to Mesquite (my family), Gatesville (Christmas Eve at Nana's), Lampasas (Dustin's side), Gerlt House (sweet Gerlt fam, of course), Panda Express (quick visit with my dear friends, Aaron and Charity Clayton) and even the Dentist (Uncle Bill). We enjoyed the visit and the time was full, yet relaxing. I'm still allergic to Texas. =) Missed being at the CB Reunion. Someone give us the low down! That's where I met Dustin - every New Year's will mark Eron/Kari's Wedding Anniversary as well as the night I met Dustin Butts!

Here we are kicking off a New Year. We went to bed at 8 last night, just to make ourselves able to get up at 5 this morning after weeks of sleeping in. New Year's Resolutions, or just Resolutions (think Jonathan Edwards) are in full swing. I have 22 (maybe more) accountability partners, since I shared them with my kiddos, so there's no cheating. =) Mainly, we're striving for a more (by God's grace) disciplined year in 2 specific areas - spiritual (namely, consistently reading God's Word/prayer and health (better choices in our diet/menus and consistent exercise). They are more specific and some more personal than those, but those are the big headings.

Although our trip was excellent, it is also very good to be "home" to our church family and our little apartment that we've grown to love. Dustin played football (in the cold) with the guys the other day. On Sunday, we heard 2 sermons on Sunday about prayer. They have the sermons online now, or some of them anyway. If you are interested, head here.

I need to be going. Happy New Year's!

M&J Stone and Mindy - sorry we didn't get to catch up in Arlington. We just missed you! Hope to see you soon!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey jamie. i'd been checking your blog for a new post. glad to hear you made it back safe. sad we didn't get to meet up. =( it'll make us look forward to next time.

and...other than the Lord's providence, i'd say i had a hand in that whole meeting thing.

dustin--good thing you finally found camp huh? =)

love you both!

Anonymous said...

Miss you, Jamie! I wish I could have seen you while you were in Texas!

Anonymous said...

Happy new year to you and Dustin!! Hope this year is filled with many wonderful memories and times of blessings from God.
Miss you, sweet girl! Email me sometime--I don't think I have your new addy!

mindy said...

i am glad to hear that you guys had a great trip in texas. i was in greenville visiting my family while you guys were passing through, but i am glad that i got to hear your voice as you and dustin yelled while passing through greenville.

reunion was one of the best that i have attended. we played games almost nonstop; we stopped to sleep, engage in ryan's bible studies, and dance the new year in. both you and dustin were thought of much (if you know what i mean :) ).
much love!