Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Count Your Blessings

Many things have brought me joy in the last few days. Here's a list. I'll try to link it up later.

1. The 4 day weekend here at CAL provided sweet time at home with Dustin, refreshing sleep, time to get a bulk of the to-do list done, and time to get ahead on lesson plans.
2. I started in a book study with some ladies from our new church, Third Avenue Baptist. We are studying Feminine Appeal, by Carolyn Mahaney. I am very excited about this and these ladies are already godly examples... the Titus 2 model is so beautiful.
3. Good news received from an old friend reminded me of the faithfulness of our Sovereign and Wise God. In your trials, hope in this God, who shows Himself faithful time and time again...
4. Erin sent me a new picture of Baby Jake, the duck. Becky sent me pictures of my friend Amber's sweet little baby. They both made me smile.
5. Our chapel is really cheesy, I admit. However, it is funny to watch the little guys in chapel (our chapel is K-5th) sing, "God is bigger than the boogie man."
6. My husband. He encourages me constantly. I am enjoying this marriage thing. :)
7. The people at our church are so evangelistic. They constantly have prayer requests about people they are sharing the Gospel with and constantly spur you on to want to do the same. It has been a source of encouragement to me.
8. Lunch time. Which is right now...

4 comments:

Momma B. said...

Thanks- You always remind me that I need to see my cup half-full! You encourage me to contentment and a deeper desire for my Savior, Jesus Christ! Thanks Jamie!

sarahdodson said...

"this marriage thing" IS grand, isn't it? It's awesome to go through life with your best friend always there for you. So nice. I thank the Lord for marriage; so glad you're enjoying yours!

Jay Scott said...

woohoo for lunch time

Sarah Bebee said...

Jamison --> you will LOVE Feminine Appeal. I look forward to hearing about your group. What a huge blessing to go through the book with older and wise women!!! And perhaps, this news from an old friend...do I know him...b/c if so...well, love you girl! And praise the Lord for his faithfulness and goodness to us!!