I haven't posted in awhile. Thought I would give a super quick update on the Butts' family and life in Louisville.
(a numbered list - like Kari and Laura)
1. Dustin is finished working at SBTS info. booth. This means that he's home every night. Life hasn't really slowed down, but there are benefits. We don't have to scarf down our food in 10 minutes before he heads to work. We can go to bed early and not feel like the only time to talk is when he gets home from work. And many more. We're really grateful. I love my husband!
2. I have one quarter under my belt here at CAL. They arrange the calendar by quarters, not six weeks. Starting the second one has really been encouraging... I have more of a grasp on lesson planning, using time wisely, the curriculum, grading, etc. And... one more quarter until Christmas!
3. I confess. I kept it a secret, because I desperately didn't want anyone to be upset if I didn't have time to see you. I went to Texas last weekend. My friends Erin and Kelly both had babies and I knew I couldn't see them much (if any) at Christmas. It was now... or when they were no longer newborns. :) So, Dustin let me buy a ticket, take a personal day and hop on a plane for a quick weekend visit. I spent one day with my family and one with the new babies and their families. :) They are beautiful. We had a blast. I enjoyed the break.. and some yummy Mexican food. Sorry I ate it without you, Dustin.
4. Ranger Rick is coming today and so we have an afternoon assembly. Except Ranger Rick is a woman. Who knew?
5. Quickly - I had put the link of our new chuch, but I did want to tell you that they will be adopting an updated Articles of Faith soon. The old one is on their site. We heard all about the new one is a member's meeting, and it is VERY good. Just in case you were wondering about the wording or vagueness of the original, which has been around since 1894!! We are so thankful to have a church home.
6. Still cold, but my parents bought me a new coat for an early birthday present. Woohoo.
7. Prayer Request - please pray for wisdom and discernment about how to deal with a situation with a student. His home life is awful and he needs support, prayers, love, and time. Please ask that the Lord would give me grace to know how to best serve him each day.
8. Did I mention how adorable Baby Jake and Baby Kate are? I'll post pictures soon.
9. Eron hates smacking. Ha!
10. Don't pick apart my grammar in this.. in a hurry.