Sunday, August 27, 2006

News.

Taking a quick break from thank-you cards... If I owe YOU one, know that I haven't forgotten about you. :)

Well, just wanted to give a brief update and also a prayer request. Pray for the Gerlt family as they await the arrival of Baby Jake. He should be here before too long. Things like this are the hard part of being this far. We wish we could be there. Please pray for Erin and the baby's health and for the next few days/weeks of waiting.

Also, Dustin starts his other job this week teaching at a local Christian school. We have been hitting our lesson plans hard this week! We spent a good chunk of yesterday at a coffee shop working on lessons. If you think about it, pray for us as we adjust to a new addition to our already-packed schedules. I know he'll do great!

Encouraged by the message we heard this morning at a church we've been visiting. Encouraged is an altogether appropriate term, too, as we learned more about Barnabus, the great encourager. It was really challenging. Barnabus didn't write people off, giving up on them, but he actively pursued ways to build up the faith of others. May we follow this example.

No pictures to post just yet... check out fun pictures of the Cozart wedding here and pictures of a really cute dog here. Save your dinner here.

5th grade continues to keep me on my toes. Really thankful for this job.

Just for safety, if you want my new e-mail address, write me for it at my old one and I'll get it your way.

Oh, Joey Moore, my youngest sister, starts school at Master's College in California this week. Be praying for her. She's loving it so far! Who thinks Joey needs to start a Blog? :P I do, I do.

Grace and peace.

5 comments:

Sarah Bebee said...

JAMES! I miss you girl, and I am LOVING catching up with you via blog! This is great! Love you and I am so excited about your new job, your new house, and your new husband -- what a blessing! Praying for you!

Jamie Butts said...

No way! Sarah? I was JUST thinkin of calling you today (and numerous times before). Miss you sooo much!

Sarah Bebee said...

I understand things are busy my James -- but I'd love to hear from you! LOVE YOU!

Jamie Butts said...

So.. sorry I didn't get to call you Sarah.. or Laura. I took a 3 hour nap last night. Good grief, huh! Will catch both of you sweet ladies soon and very soon!

Shaunna said...

Jamie,
Thanks so much for the encouraging comment to the new bloggers on the block:) Always nice to get comments!! Hope your week contiues to go well. YEA for 3 hour naps!!