Friday, August 18, 2006

Friday

I decided to try out a new look. Those of you who get tired of checking and finding no new posts, you can have something new waiting for you when you finally decide to stop by and see if life has slowed down a bit. It hasn't, BUT it's wonderful. The Lord has been so gracious. Dustin's at work and I am unwinding a bit after my first official week on the new job. Honestly, I am just thrilled out of my mind (think I picked up that phrase from you, dear Erin). Not so much in our circumstances, but it's just so encouraging to be at a different place than I was a year ago, and I don't mean geographically. New job (more on that in a second), new marriage, fresh perspective.

Well, instead of rambling on and sharing on this thing like it's a journal (my usual habit), I will try to just keep you informed and catch you up to date.

July 22 - I became Mrs. Jamie Butts, bride of the sweet and wonderful Dustin Butts (whose blog is far better than my own, check it out here). Our wedding day was such a wonderful day! It was incredible to see so many family and friends and really think on what the Bible says about marriage and what an amazing design that God has for this sacred and sanctifying covenant. Pictures are in the mail, so we may get one or two posted soon.

July 22-August 1 - Honeymoon, aka "the week the cell phones and alarm clocks were silent" - it was great to relax after such a crazy summer! No wedding planning, seminary, schedules! Man, everyone should get married and take a honeymoon/vacation. :)

August 1 - hung out with the Butts' clan (my new fam! I'm Aunt Jamie, by the way! How cool)

August 2 - hung out the Moore's, opened tons of wedding gift in assembly-line fashion, packed up the moving truck

August 3 - We were off! We headed to Memphis, spent the night, and then trucked it to KY on the 4th.

Friends helped us unload and we had it all unloaded in just a little over an hour. Our small apartment was filled with boxes, but we got the bed set up and spent the next week making it into a home! We love it! Hope to send pictures soon.

August 8 - I started new teacher orientation at Christian Academy of Louisville and spent the following week in meetings or working on the classroom. Dustin started working some around the same time.

He started classes this past Monday and my kiddos arrived this past Wednesday. It feels great to finally be settling into a routine. It is so nice to feel a sense of normalcy. It struck me on the way to work one morning when I was sipping on a travel coffee mug and the sun was still coming up and Dustin and I had enjoyed a breakfast together.

There is still some transition... some of our walls are bare, I STILL have to get my mail forwarded, new social, learning my way around, praying about church, etc. However, it is good to be here. I am so thankful for my new job. I have never been so excited about teaching. I'd explain, but this would go on forever. The Lord is so good though and I am so thankful to have this opportunity to be here with Dustin.

I'm not sure how much I will/desire to/can keep up posting, but I'll try to at least keep you up to date fairly often and send a picture or two.

Although I love my new job, I am excited that it is the weekend. Time to catch up a little, on a plethora of random to-do's and to-don'ts (slowing down a little from the pace of the week).

Pray for Dustin and other young men as they study and prepare for ministry as the Lord guides their steps. I will tell you more about them one day, Lord willing. Mr. Stone, how is your teaching job going? Let us know.

Mindy, do continue your blog. I enjoy it thoroughly.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jamie,
So glad you are enjoying the transition. What a crazy year!!Praying that you are an excellent juggler. I am 45 and vividly remember my elementary teachers and their impact on my life. However I can't remember what I had for lunch yesterday. God will use you for His glory and there is nothing more exciting than that. Eph 3 14-21 Love you, Jamie

Kari Plevan said...

Jamie,
Nice! I'm impressed with the lay out, with dates and everything! So glad y'all are here. Thanks for the fun at the baseball game. Oh, and you can do the mail forwarding thing online now. Way easy (www.usps.com). Check it out. Have a great week Jamie.

sarahdodson said...

Hey, Jamie! Glad to get an update and happy you're doing so well:) I've got a card I need to send you; would you email me your address?