Monday, August 29, 2011

Considering Introverts & Church

(from Boundless.org)

In many ways, the church is an extroverts' world.

So what's an introvert to do?


Read on here.


(from Jamie)
If you aren't an introvert, chances are you are good friends with or married to one, or someone who is more introverted than you, even if they aren't a textbook introvert. You definitely go to church with lots. I stumbled across this and it was thought-provoking for me in several ways. I appreciated the careful consideration behind knowing your God-given personality and gifts, not excusing sinful tendencies, but kind of "embracing" your introvertedness, if that's you, and letting God use it, while still pushing yourself a bit. The thoughtfulness on strategically being a fruitful part of the Body of Christ was helpful...

and, for me, it was simply a convicting reminder that ALL of the Body of Christ is so BEAUTIFUL, not just the more visible parts.

1 comment:

sarahdodson said...

hey, you're always finding good articles/links. I appreciate you sharing them. This one was especially good. My husband is an introvert, to be sure, and it took me a while to see that he really DOES like people and being around them.

He likes more one on one or just a few people at a time. And yet, he has no problem speaking in front of an audience of any size. I like crowds, usually, and am terrified of public speaking. so interesting how God makes us different. I've really seen that one way is not "better" than the other. I love your thoughts on this!!