Friday, April 25, 2008

How Beautiful!!

I don't have a lot of time for thoughtful posts these days. My brain is pretty fried by Friday anyhow. However, a very old song was a great encouragement last night as I popped in some old cds and worked on my dishes, drained from another busy work week. Great encouragement surprised me through this song.
(Not having a dishwasher can sometimes prove to be a good thing... as it provides some much-needed time to think, reflect, etc. :P)

I won't copy the whole song, but here are some lines that stuck out:
(At the bottom, I will list a few thoughts that came to mind while reflecting on those verses.)

How beautiful the heart that bled
that took all my sin
and bore it instead.
How beautiful the tender eyes
that chose to forgive
and never despise.
How beautiful
how beautiful

how beautiful is the body of Christ.

And as He laid down His life
we offer this sacrifice
that we will live just as he died:
willing to pay the price
willing to pay the price.

How beautiful the radiant Bride
who waits for her Groom
with His light in her eyes.
How beautiful when humble hearts give
the fruit of pure lives
so that others may live.
How beautiful
how beautiful

how beautiful is the body of Christ.

How beautiful the feet that bring
the sound of good news
and the love of the King.
How beautiful the hands that serve

the wine and the bread
and the sons of the earth.
How beautiful
how beautiful

how beautiful is the body of Christ.


1. I thought of my sweet friends, Kevin and Becky Peek, whose feet are beautiful as they prepare to bring the sound of good news overseas!
2. I thought of local laborers, who share the love of the King at homeless shelters, coffee shops, in gyms after playing Basketball, over the phone with family members, etc.
3. I thought of Christ, who chose to forgive me, taking on all my sin. Surely, I can and must forgive others who sin against me... He has forgiven me so much! And surely, I should live my life in humble gratefulness.
4. I thought of Christians I know, at my current church, in my life, in my past... beautiful pictures of the Body of Christ... with its many parts working together as one.
5. This is not our home! Oh... how beautiful to partake in the privilege of a sure hope... that our Groom is coming again for His Bride!! May His Church be found waiting, eager and with humble hearts, serving hands and beautiful feet.
How Beautiful is the Body of Christ!

Just thought I'd share... everyone needs a pick-me-up TRUTH on Fridays!!

3 comments:

Momma B. said...

That is one of my FAVORITE songs!!! It was one of our wedding songs. I can not hear it or sing it with out being overcome with joy, peace, love, gratefulness for all of the blessings of Christ. Thanks for sharing some truth today!

Amy said...

Sweet Jamie!
That was a wonderful post & really made my day. May we be reminded of that every day! I loved what you wrote about the church eagerly awaiting Christ's return. I've thought a lot about that this year! Many days I've been more eager than others! I love the new look of your blog(love the brown). My favorite color is brown & my students always get a kick that my favorite color is brown but my last name is Green! So precious what kids find funny! Love you Jamie!

Anne said...

Thanks for the encouragement!
Love the new look!!!