Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Song Recommendation

One of our favorite Christmas gifts has been the new Caedmon's Call CD. Although I'm still learning the songs, there is one song that particularly stands out to me. I just had to share! You can find all of the lyrics here, but here are a few. And, they remind me of all I've been challenged by as I read the biography. Elizabeth Prentiss, a mother who lost 2 children and faced many severe trials, actually worded it this way, "God never makes a mistake," and this belief is perfectly summed up in this song, which is clearly rooted in Romans 8:28. It's so true and yet so incredibly easy to forget, even in the tiniest of trials. This song helps me remember!

(Listen here)
Late at night, the darkness makes it hard to see
The history of the saints who've gone in front of me
Through famine, plague and disbelief
His hand was still upon them
Cause there is a reason
There is a reason

He makes all things good
He makes all things good
There's a time to live and a time to die
A time for wonder and to wonder why
Cause there is a reason
There is a reason
There's also another song that seems fitting to busy moms, which I may post soon for my friends who fall in this season of life. Stay tuned. Back to work. Have a great day!

No comments: