Thursday, May 03, 2012

The Double-Think, by Nancy Wilson

Once upon a time, I used to check dozens of blogs a day.  I probably should have done something more productive with all of the time I took to do that.  Now, I only check a few, not necessarily because I've become more productive, but because I now have less time.  :)  Well, and the fact that people don't blog as much anymore, I suppose.

But, this one keeps me coming back lately.

And, something about the articles makes me not just think about them, but really chew on them.  I'm often very challenged by something said.

Here's an example of an article that has been very helpful to me, even this morning...

"Double-think is when we get into a tailspin over-analyzing our motives and worrying over our possible sins or those we might commit or whether we did commit or not. Did I apologize thoroughly enough? Do I need to apologize for that? Or not?"
Read more here.

1 comment:

sarahdodson said...

Really that was a good article. I find myself doing that SO often. And sometimes, it's sin that I need to confess and make right. Sometimes it's just part of my human frailty (more like a fault). I often pray the verse; "Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in thy sight, O Lord, my strength and my redeemer." Psalm 19:14 God's grace is sufficient for EVERY day and I am so thankful for forgiveness!