Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Pondering Homelessness Take 2


This is a shout out for my friends in the 'Ville.

I write this to simply help mobilize any of you Louivillians that happen to read this. From now until the end of the school year (end of May), you are welcome to bring any of the supplies listed to me or my apartment, and we'll get them to the shelter for you. My class is collecting them for a service project for a Missions in March program our school does. It seems like the travel items are especially easy to obtain because so many people have them just lying around. Granted, I'm sure your churches all do similar things, so don't feel any pressure. I just wanted to say that we will be making drop-off trips to take the items from my kids listed below, so if you want to donate something, please feel free! So, send them our way and we'll send them their way. Easy enough. Alright... that's it. Thanks.

NEED FOR TOILETRIES

Jefferson Street Baptist Center's website states that they are VERY LOW on the following toiletries. They have a need for the following items:

- Shampoo (travel size)

- Conditioner (travel size)

- Towels

- Washcloths

- Toothpaste

- Deodorant

- Razors

- Creamer for Coffee (I'm guessing the dry creamer would be better!)

No comments: